How to Apply
The Field Ironworkers Apprenticeship and Journeyman Retraining Program exists to ensure that our Union Ironworkers have the skills, knowledge, and training necessary to be safe on the jobsite, competitive in the workplace, and satisfied in their careers.
We accomplish that mission by providing training and materials. Our world-class instructors and leadership uphold union values, principles of service, and professionalism.
- You must by 18 years of age or older to apply. At the time of making application, each applicant must present proof of age.
- You must have the minimum of a high school education. At the time of making application, each applicant must present proof of high school diploma, high school equivalency certificate, G.E.D., or DD-214 showing completion.
- Applicants must appear in person to complete an application form.
- Applicants must be physically able to do work normally performed in the trade.
- No guarantee of employment is implied. Applicants that are accepted will be added to an existing eligibility pool only.
- The recruitment, selection, employment and training of appentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- Specific requirements may exist for your local training center. Please see the details for your training center.
I'm ready to Apply In Person ▼
Apply Online - Arizona Only ▼
- Go to the application link.
- Fill out the application and submit the documents.
- Documents must be legible and in a format that can be saved and or printed. PDF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF are acceptable.
- Someone from the apprenticeship will review you application and submitted documents.
- You will be advised by email if your application and documents have been accepted or not.
- You must have your submission approved by the apprenticeship before you are allowed to complete step 3.
- Once your application and documents have been accepted you must appear at the apprenticeship office and sign your application in person during application hours or by appointment.
- You have sixty days from approval of your application to complete the process by signing the application in person.
- If the application is not signed in person within sixty days it will be discarded.
- Once the process is completed you will be added to the apprenticeship waiting list.